Wednesday, November 19, 2008

NaNoWriMo 2008

Okay, the object behind NaNoWriMo (NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth) is to get us to start work on that great next novel. You are supposed to write 50,000 words on a novel in the month of November. BUT, and a couple other authors and I have been known to use it as a way to force us to finish a bunch of stuff, and get those 50,000 words done, but in a variety of projects.

I had originally planned on using it to work on the next edition of my Argus series, since my contract term is up with Loose Id on it, I am looking to sub to NY. So I need to have enough done for them to say "oooh, viable series" (at least that's my assumption).

BUT, lol, I have used the time to write other stuff. I just wrote a 20K word sci fi story set in a totally different futuristic world. Finished it last night. I wonder how much of AIL I can get done in the next 11 days? Wish me luck!!!

No comments: