Thirteen Things about Our Bathroom Remodel
1. The previous owners of the house HID the leak instead of fixing it.
2. The previous owners of the house are idiots
3. The damage to the floor was worse than we hoped
4. The damage to the floor was better than we feared.
5. Backerboard is a tad bit thinner than sheetrock, and the bump WILL show through the tub enclosure
6. If you take a tub out of the tub enclosure there is no guarantee that it will fit back. Trust me on this one.
7. When cutting support boards, you need someway to hold them to the back of the backerboard.
8. There is a reason that the shower assembly instructions say that the holes need to be at least 6 inches apart.
9. Always budget 2x more money than you think you will need.
10. Count on at least one of your tools breaking, and another one not doing what it is supposed to do.
11. Measure 3 times, not just twice.
12. However long you think something will take, double it.
13. That shower is going to feel wonderful after all this work.
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants