Saturday, February 16, 2008

I'm a Knowledge Slut

I have come to that conclusion very recently. I am a knowledge slut. I kind of always knew it, at least in regards to things like trivia and stuff like that. Growing up (and even up til recently) I was one of those people you wanted on your Trivial Pursuit team because I knew all this useless trivia. Things there was little to no reason to know about. Of course, most of that came about as a result of my reading. I read anything and everything, even back then.

Now, get older, life gets in the way. I married another knowledge slut, books fill the house. And cable comes into the house. (we used to live somewhere it wasn’t a possibility) Now we have 150 channels to choose from, many informational for the most part like Discovery, History Channel, etc.

But, I have realized that my sluttiness doesn’t only extend to book/fact/trivia knowledge. It also includes sexual activities. (See, you knew I would bring this around to sex somehow) A friend wrote a story recently and based one of the minor characters on me. Which can be pretty normal, but something this character did made me go. “DAMN! I do do that.” She asked her friend for details on her sex life. But not just little bit, but her friend did something with multiple men, and this not me character had never done that kind of thing, so she started asking questions, details, and getting all excited to hear about it. Now that is definitely me.

But see, now I realize that it isn’t cause I am a nosy bitch that I do it. I am just an information slut. I need to know these things. How they happen, when, what it feels like, etc. Not just because of my writing (although that helps) but because I have this insatiable need to KNOW.

No comments: