Monday, October 20, 2008

October

I love October. It is my favorite month of the year. The leaves are turning, looking all pretty. The air is crisp and getting cooler. Halloween is right around the corner!!! I am a Halloween fanatic. Anyone who knows me, knows that. It is really pretty bad, but I feel no guilt. Some love Christmas, I love Halloween.

The hubby and I every year have a Halloween party. It is never a huge affair, but we have to go all out and decorate everywhere for it. The bathroom, the kitchen, the living room, and of course, our graveyard that we make outside. I swear some years we spend more money on "Fog Juice" than anything else other than food.

Last year I made a black cheese ball, thanks to Martha Stewart. She gave directions on how to actually make the cheese filling/stuff, which I know a lot of people do, but I found a more fun idea. I get the cheddar cheese spread available at the grocery store and roll it into a ball, and then roll it into Poppy Seeds. Put it on a black plate, with blackberries, black grapes, blueberries and a couple strawberries and raspberries, and it looks KEWL. Mind you, when they cut open the cheese ball, the spread I buy is a Port Wine cheese spread, so it has red running through it. Nice. Needless to say I made it this year, too.
Oooh, I also made an eyeball cake this year. I need to post pictures, I think. LOL, so much for this being about writing. BUT, I think my whole intent is to say that October tends to be a creative time for me, so I look forward to more writing and submissions in the next few weeks.

No comments: